Let's start a revolution!

Let's start a revolution!
-A revolution where our money isn't sucked right out of our hands by major chains that pump out caustic product and convince us that we need it. Let's control what comes into our households, and if need be- make our own product. I've drawn a line in the sand as to what I'll put up with putting into me and my children, my pets, my house. Here's what I've learned:

4/20/13

Tropical Carpet Powder

Personally I don't keep carpets. They are allergen magnets. Icky stuff gets trapped in the fibers. Brackish water collects under it. And sometimes they stink- oh lord! Some of my past rental places, however, wouldn't let me tear out the carpets, so I had to improvise.The powder below is full of deodorizers that won't kill your sinus allergies.

Ingredients:
1 cup of baking soda
10 drops of lemongrass essential oil  per cup
10 drops of mandarin essential oil  per cup
10 drops of ginger essential oil  per cup

Mix together and sprinkle the aromatic blend onto your carpet, let sit for 30 minutes, and vacuum as normal. Wonderful mattress deodorizer, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment