Let's start a revolution!

Let's start a revolution!
-A revolution where our money isn't sucked right out of our hands by major chains that pump out caustic product and convince us that we need it. Let's control what comes into our households, and if need be- make our own product. I've drawn a line in the sand as to what I'll put up with putting into me and my children, my pets, my house. Here's what I've learned:

4/6/13

Laundry Detergent Powder

In order to find a laundry detergent without surfactants and optical brighteners you have to pay out the nose. While I adore Second Generation, it's just too expensive to buy regularly when I do up to 20 loads of laundry a week some weeks. This mixture works just as well as Second Generation, only it doesn't have the pretty scent to it. This is safe for all skin types.

Ingredients: 
2 bar of Kirks Castile Bar Soap
2 cup of washing soda (sodium carbonate)
1 cup borax- sold in laundry section

Grate the bars of soap with a microplane or a fine grater. Mix the remaining ingredients in and thoroughly shake until well blended. Note: Avoid breathing in the dust.

Store laundry detergent powder in an airtight container. Use 2-4 tablespoons per load.

**I have substituted other soaps when I can't find Kirk's. Ivory seems to work the best out of the typically available soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment