Let's start a revolution!

Let's start a revolution!
-A revolution where our money isn't sucked right out of our hands by major chains that pump out caustic product and convince us that we need it. Let's control what comes into our households, and if need be- make our own product. I've drawn a line in the sand as to what I'll put up with putting into me and my children, my pets, my house. Here's what I've learned:

4/18/13

Herbal Astringent Spray

Astringent is a chemical compound meant to shrink tissue after a bite, scratch or other minor injury. Most people believe that the otc stuff that they use might also disinfect it somehow, but unless it specifically says so, it isn't. This will not only help close the wound, but clean it out and bathe it in natural antimicrobials.

Ingredients:
2 ounces witch hazel extract
1/2 ounces red root bark tincture
1/2 ounces Oregon grape root tincture (organically grown goldenseal tincture can be used)
1/2 ounces Pipsissewa tincture
1/2 ounces Uva-Ursi tincture

Mix all ingredients in a 4 oz spray bottle and shake before using.  Re-apply as often as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment