Let's start a revolution!

Let's start a revolution!
-A revolution where our money isn't sucked right out of our hands by major chains that pump out caustic product and convince us that we need it. Let's control what comes into our households, and if need be- make our own product. I've drawn a line in the sand as to what I'll put up with putting into me and my children, my pets, my house. Here's what I've learned:

4/18/13

Lime in the Coconut Lip Balm

I'm a Florida geek. I love the tropics. Here's a quick lip balm that will help bring the tropics to you. Lightweight, glossy, easy.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon coconut oil
 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon beeswax
 15 drops lime peel essential oil
 A few drops of vitamin E oil

Lip balm preparation: Coarsely chop the beeswax or use beeswax pastilles. Place beeswax and oils in a small pot or glass Pyrex measuring cup and gently heat in the top of a double boiler until the beeswax has melted. Once melted, remove from the stove top and add essential oils and Vitamin E Oil. Immediately pour the mixture into lip balm containers. You can purchase lip balm tubes and jars, or you can reuse glass or plastic containers. Allow to cool completely before placing caps onto the lip balm containers. Your lip balm is finished! You can now add labels, ribbons, twine, or any other decorative elements. Makes approximately 1.5 oz of lip balm, enough to fill 10 lip balm tubes, 6 of our 1/4 oz plastic jars, or 3 1/2 oz tins or plastic jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment