Let's start a revolution!

Let's start a revolution!
-A revolution where our money isn't sucked right out of our hands by major chains that pump out caustic product and convince us that we need it. Let's control what comes into our households, and if need be- make our own product. I've drawn a line in the sand as to what I'll put up with putting into me and my children, my pets, my house. Here's what I've learned:

4/14/13

Dishwashing Soap

Since I have skin allergies, I have to be really choosy about what goes on or near my hands. By choosing the ingredients in this dish soap, I can guarantee that my skin won't dry up around my cuticles and crack after doing dishes.

Ingredients:
4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup grated castile soap (or low sudsing homemade soap)
1/2 tablespoon vegetable glycerine
1 tablespoon vinegar
10-20 drops of tea tree oil

In a bowl add the shredded bar of soap, glycerine, and vinegar. Then pour boiling water over mixture and stir/whisk until everything is well blended and has dissolved. Let mixture cool on the counter stirring occasionally for at least 8 hours. After it cools add tea tree oil (since its an anti-bacterial, anti-fugal, and anti-microbial). Transfer into an old dish soap container or a cute oil dispenser container.

No comments:

Post a Comment