Let's start a revolution!

Let's start a revolution!
-A revolution where our money isn't sucked right out of our hands by major chains that pump out caustic product and convince us that we need it. Let's control what comes into our households, and if need be- make our own product. I've drawn a line in the sand as to what I'll put up with putting into me and my children, my pets, my house. Here's what I've learned:

5/31/13

Orange Peel Candle

I've seen people make emergency candles out of all sorts of things including cans of crisco. This- to me- is a little more kitschy-cute and can be made out of reasonably stored and usable items.

Items Needed
sharp knife
orange
olive or canola oil

Directions
Cut the orange in half. Remove the pulp, being extra careful to preserve the white 'stem' of the middle unharmed.  Fill the peel with olive oil until just a little bit of the white part is still sticking out.

Use a lighter to start the white bit burning. It may take a few seconds if it is still moist. The orange will burn for around 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment