Let's start a revolution!

Let's start a revolution!
-A revolution where our money isn't sucked right out of our hands by major chains that pump out caustic product and convince us that we need it. Let's control what comes into our households, and if need be- make our own product. I've drawn a line in the sand as to what I'll put up with putting into me and my children, my pets, my house. Here's what I've learned:

5/30/13

Dishwasher Detergent and Dishes Rinse

Notice how much the same few ingredients keep coming up? Isn't it neat? Here's your automatic dishwasher detergent. And yes, it is septic safe.

Ingredients
1 cup Washing soda
1 cup Borax
1/4 cup Kosher salt (reduces the effects of hard water)
1/4 cup citric acid (or fruit fresh or 2 lemonade flavored unsweetened powdered drink mix packets)
low-sudsing dishwashing liquid soap
white vinegar

Add 2 tablespoons of this mixture to your dishwasher detergent compartment along with 3 drops of dish washing liquid. Splash 1/2 to 1 cup of white vinegar into the bottom of the dishwasher or n the rinse cup and start the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment