Let's start a revolution!

Let's start a revolution!
-A revolution where our money isn't sucked right out of our hands by major chains that pump out caustic product and convince us that we need it. Let's control what comes into our households, and if need be- make our own product. I've drawn a line in the sand as to what I'll put up with putting into me and my children, my pets, my house. Here's what I've learned:

6/1/13

Summer Citrus Toner

This is far more refreshing than using the Clinique toner that my mom uses (even if I could afford it). 

Ingredients
3 tablespoon fresh mint leaves or lemon balm
peel from 1 orange
peel from 1/2 lemon (Meyer lemons are a little sweet smelling)
peel from 1/3 grapefruit
1 cup boiling water
1 tablespoon witch hazel extract

Place mint or lemon balm leaves in a bowl and bruise with a spoon in order to release their volatile oils. Add citrus peels. Pour boiling water over leaves and peel and allow to cool completely.  Strain to remove solids.  Add witch hazel extract.  Pour into a clean container

NOTE: This is an 'unpreserved' toner, meaning that it must be kept refrigerated and used up in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment