Let's start a revolution!

Let's start a revolution!
-A revolution where our money isn't sucked right out of our hands by major chains that pump out caustic product and convince us that we need it. Let's control what comes into our households, and if need be- make our own product. I've drawn a line in the sand as to what I'll put up with putting into me and my children, my pets, my house. Here's what I've learned:

10/7/13

Sun Burn Relief Spray

Aloe Vera Gel is one of the very best ingredients for burns; it offers immediate relief, shortens recovery times, and hydrates the skin. It can be used alone, but is even more powerful when combined with medicinal calendula, cooling peppermint, and anti-oxidant rich vitamin E oil.

Ingredients:
2 ounces aloe vera gel
1 ounce calendula
2 1/2 ounces distilled water
5 drops chamomile essential oil
2-5 drops peppermint essential oil
10 drops vitamin E oil

Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add calendula, remove from heat. Allow to steep for 20 minutes before straining out flower petals to be discarded. Allow the hydrosol to cool.

Mix 2 ounces of the hydrosol with the remaining ingredients and pour into a 4 oz spray bottle, and mist onto the skin as often as desired.  Store in refrigerator to increase the cooling effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment