Let's start a revolution!

Let's start a revolution!
-A revolution where our money isn't sucked right out of our hands by major chains that pump out caustic product and convince us that we need it. Let's control what comes into our households, and if need be- make our own product. I've drawn a line in the sand as to what I'll put up with putting into me and my children, my pets, my house. Here's what I've learned:

9/9/13

Essential Pomade

My guys go through this and hair gel like water. I'm talking everyday. To buy the really good stuff that's not full of drying agents and chemical crud is expensive. So... make your own tailored to your taste.

Ingredients:
1 ounce beeswax
1.5 ounces shea butter
2 ounces jojoba 
1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon essential oil*

Melt beeswax in a double boiler over low heat. When the beeswax is melted, add in shea butter. When the mixture is melted, add jojoba and stir until just melted. Pour mixture into a container and allow to cool slightly, then add essential oil

To Use
Rub a small amount between your fingertips until there are no lumps, then work through hair and style.


*Notes on essential oils..
-Lime essential oils smells amazing, and is helpful for balancing oily hair (in a more concentrated form it may also lighten hair)
-Peppermint and rosemary essential oils stimulate hair growth and add shine. Great for normal hair
-Lemon balm, basil, thyme, patchouli, tea tree, yarrow and lemongrass have astringent properties which are beneficial for oily hair
-Chamomile, lavender, sandalwood and rosemary are helpful for dry hair.
-Tea tree, eucalyptus, patchouli and myrrh are helpful for dandruff

No comments:

Post a Comment