Let's start a revolution!

Let's start a revolution!
-A revolution where our money isn't sucked right out of our hands by major chains that pump out caustic product and convince us that we need it. Let's control what comes into our households, and if need be- make our own product. I've drawn a line in the sand as to what I'll put up with putting into me and my children, my pets, my house. Here's what I've learned:

9/9/13

Egg Shell Calcium

Thank you Butter Nutrition for your recipe for egg shell calcium. I use a very similar recipe for additives for my dog chow, however they like crunchy bits and I do not. I am also squeamish about taking the powder, so I buy gel tabs from health stores and viola! If taken with food, no upset belly. Also, please understand that you will get a different quality of calcium from free range or organic eggs than cheapy discount eggs. Also always wash eggs before saving.

Ingredients:
A few dozen used egg shells (kept in fridge or freezer to maintain freshness)


Cook dry, thawed egg shells at 300 degrees for about 20-25 minutes to dry them out. Let cool for 30-60 minutes. Blend in a coffee grinder or high speed blender (like Vita-mix) until you get a very fine powdered consistency (very important!)

To Use:
Consume about 1/8-1/4* tsp with a little water or juice 1-3x per day or as needed to meet your individual health needs. 1 tsp eggshell calcium equals about 800 mg calcium.

Store cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment